During Week 1 I borrowed M. Krawczyk & J. Novak's 'Game Story & Character Development" from the University library. I completed reading the book over the course of the week, and the source analysis report I wrote as a result can be found here.
"M. Krawczyk & J. Novak's 'Game Story & Character Development' is an important source for use with our project because its fifth, sixth and seventh chapters deal specifically with the traits our characters require to be believable. [...] This book has been a very useful source to study from both a theoretical and a practical standpoint. It has given rise to theoretical considerations such as to what extent a character is made from their design and their dialogue, and which traits are necessary and easy to replicate. From a practical standpoint it has enlightened us with regards to the danger of unsuited animations and voice acting, as well as providing a series of exercises that will help us create very well-rounded characters for use within our test."
I found this book especially useful, as I had not previously considered visual and auditory design of characters, only the personality traits they exhibited. This will make my forthcoming Character Study on Dragon Age [Bioware, 2009]'s Loghain Mac Tir deeper and more interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment