Monday, February 22

Week III - Source Analysis II

Street Fighter II [Capcom, 1991]'s Chun Li battles Blanka on the game's US Box Art.

During Week 2 I borrowed S. Graner Ray's 'Gender-Inclusive Games Design" from the University library. I completed reading the book over the course of the week, and the source analysis report I wrote as a result can be found here.

”S. Graner Ray’s 'Gender-Inclusive Games Design’ is an unlikely source to draw upon for our project, but ultimately it proved at least a little rewarding. The book’s basic premise is that with Games Design being a male-orientated field, more should be done to make games accessible to females- after all, half the planet is female, and that’s a massive untapped market. Appealing directly to our project, however, are elements of chapters two and seven, ‘Evolution Of Female Characters In Computer Games’ and ‘Avatar Selection’ respectively. These were the titles that originally drew me to read the book, and they have proved quite interesting."

No comments: