Friday, February 12

Week I - Research Survey

After the first team meeting I set myself the task of researching pronounced traits amongst videogame characters- these would be the easiest to utilise or negate when we come to test our own characters. To do this I produced a series of surveys asking candidates to rank the characters from Bioware's Dragon Age [2009] in order of preference and explain elements of the characters that either appealed to them or otherwise. Copies of the surveys are available below.

Research Survey 2 [Dragon Age]

I distributed the survey initially to two different groups of people; a group of predominantely-female Bioware fans on a Bioware fansite and to a predominantely-male group of Games Design students. I am not worried about patterns of character preference throughout the survey, this is merely a way of discovering which traits are most obvious to players and which provoke the most thorough reactions.

No comments: